This LibGuide was designed to provide you with assistance in your French Capstone course. Please click on the tabs above to access course resources. Contact Tensy Marcos-Bodker if you need more assistance with these resources or chat with a librarian using the chat window to the left.
In order to locate books in the original French language, use these advanced search tips:
- select Advanced Keyword Search in the box to the upper right
- type in a common French adjective, such as "un or la"
- under location select RU Main collection
- under format select Book/Journal
- under language select French and then go back up and click the Submit button
- You can do the same search in MOBIUS, but under location select ANY
- When doing a database search look for Advanced Search settings that allow you to select a language option.
- For example, in JSTOR you can select Advanced Search, pick a topic keyword (ie, "Victor Hugo" or "Internet") and select FRENCH. The resulting articles will be written in French.
- Another example, in Academic Search Complete, underneath the search box, select Advanced Search, scroll down to "Limit Your Results" and select French in the drop down menu under "Language." Do a search for your topic and the results will be in French.