From the University’s Seal:
The Latin phrase “Sapientia Aedificavit Sibi Domum” appears at the bottom of Rockhurst Unviersity’s seal. From Proverbs 9:1, in English, this verse reads “Wisdom Has Built Herself a Home.”
Rooted in our Catholic Jesuit identity, the University is committed to learning and, therefore, strives:
· To learn about all aspects of this God-charged world.
· To create an environment that values and champions the search for and communication of knowledge.
· To examine the moral and ethical implications present in each discipline and program.
· To view religious experience and religious questions as integral to the understanding of human existence and human culture.
· To foster love of the world that leads to the desire to create a better and more just existence.
These book selections are available for checkout at the Greenlease Library.
For twenty years, Gregory Boyle has run Homeboy Industries, a gang-intervention program located in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, the gang capital of the world. In Tattoos on the Heart, he distills his experience working in the ghetto into a breathtaking series of parables inspired by faith.