From the University’s Seal:
The Latin phrase “Sapientia Aedificavit Sibi Domum” appears at the bottom of Rockhurst Unviersity’s seal. From Proverbs 9:1, in English, this verse reads “Wisdom Has Built Herself a Home.”
Rooted in our Catholic Jesuit identity, the University is committed to learning and, therefore, strives:
· To learn about all aspects of this God-charged world.
· To create an environment that values and champions the search for and communication of knowledge.
· To examine the moral and ethical implications present in each discipline and program.
· To view religious experience and religious questions as integral to the understanding of human existence and human culture.
· To foster love of the world that leads to the desire to create a better and more just existence.
These book selections are soon to be available for checkout at the Greenlease Library.
Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm:
With its emphasis on experience and recognition of the vital import of reflecting on such experiences, Ignatian Pedagogy seeks to produce wisdom, not simply knowledge. Often articulated as “Experience – Reflection – Action,” the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm can also be described as “Encounter – Integration – Wisdom.” The diagram to the right expands the three components to five: Context, Experience, Reflection, Action and Evaluation.